domingo, 9 de junio de 2013

a thousand dreams that would awake me

"I'd write love poems to the parts of yourself you cannot stand."

"I'd write love poems to the parts of yourself you cannot stand."

- Andrea Gibson 

Photo



"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of..."

""Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before—more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.""

- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQpYHiB0k6k http://www.youtube.com...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQpYHiB0k6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNQV9oj07LA

"Being born a woman is my awful tragedy. Yes, my consuming desire to mingle with road crews, sailors..."

"Being born a woman is my awful tragedy. Yes, my consuming desire to mingle with road crews, sailors and soldiers, bar room regulars—to be a part of a scene, anonymous, listening, recording—all is spoiled by the fact that I am a girl, a female always in danger of assault and battery. My consuming interest in men and their lives is often misconstrued as a desire to seduce them, or as an invitation to intimacy. Yet, God, I want to talk to everybody I can as deeply as I can. I want to be able to sleep in an open field, to travel west, to walk freely at night."

- Sylvia Plath  

Photo



"The song is about being violently assaulted and it made me...









"The song is about being violently assaulted and it made me crazy for a few years. I got really paranoid walking around at night and started feeling really unsafe. The song is more about empowering myself physically amongst a masculine power, and the hate of feeling powerless, making light of masculine physical power, making it jovial and non-threatening. I took a typically violent cultural situation and made it pop and happy."

It's all about perception and how you define your...



It's all about perception and how you define your success.
Is it about being a good person or is it measured by materialistic gain? 

YOU DECIDE

The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something...



The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interest upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance.

Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change. In the final analysis, we count for something only because of the essential we embody, and if we do not embody that, life is wasted. In our relationships to other men, too, the crucial question is whether an element of boundlessness is expressed in the relationship… "

 ~~Memories, Dreams, Reflections

Carl Jung

Photo



Photo



"I cherish the memory of a question my grandson asked me...



"I cherish the memory of a question my grandson asked me the other day, when he said: 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said, 'No. But I served in a company of heroes.'" - Winters

Films are subjective, what you like, what you don't like. But...













Films are subjective, what you like, what you don't like. But the thing for me that is absolutely unifying is the idea that every time I go to the cinema and pay my money and sit down and watch a film go up on-screen, I want to feel that the people who made that film think it's the best movie in the world, that they poured everything into it and they really love it. Whether or not I agree with what they've done I want that effort there, I want that sincerity. And when you don't feel it, that's the only time I feel like I'm wasting my time at the movies ─ Christopher Nolan

"I wish I could make you see how much fuller the life I offer...



"I wish I could make you see how much fuller the life I offer you is than anything you have a conception of. I wish I could make you see how exciting the life of the spirit is and how rich in experience. It's illimitable. It's such a happy life. There's only one thing like it, when you're up in a plane by yourself, high, high, and only infinity surrounds you. You're intoxicated by the boundless space." — W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge

'I'm Bored' is a really useless thing to say....



'I'm Bored' is a really useless thing to say. You are an infinite being. Capable of exploring the vastness of inner (and outer) space with just the power of your mind. There's always something to do. 

"I acknowledge the privilege of being alive in a human body at this moment, endowed with senses, memories, emotions, thoughts, and the space of mind in its wisdom aspect."  -Alex Grey

 

"When you recognize that there is a voice in your head that pretends to be you and never stops..."

"When you recognize that there is a voice in your head that pretends to be you and never stops speaking, you are awakening out of your unconscious identification with the stream of thinking."

- Eckhart Tolle 

fntboyblue: The Kubrick Stare









fntboyblue:

The Kubrick Stare

Director Derek Cianfrance talks about his dream of working with...



Director Derek Cianfrance talks about his dream of working with artist Mike Patton and how that dream came true one day…  

The real reason I haven't switched to ebooks…



The real reason I haven't switched to ebooks…

oldfilmsflicker: L.A. Confidential | Brian Hegeland...











oldfilmsflicker:

L.A. Confidential | Brian Hegeland & Curtis Hanson

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario